!-- Start add - Birthday MOD -->
Chosen Chosen of Mystra
"Magically Enhancing the IE Games"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  StatisticsStatistics AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fade V1 Progress Report
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Chosen of Mystra Forum Index -> Fade Romance Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mistress Elysia
Level 4
Level 4

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:33 am    Post subject: Fade V1 Progress Report Reply with quote

Rather than copy the multitude of pages over, I have started a brand spanking new thread sly wink

So far, I have added in extra area specific interjections to many areas, Have got about halfway through the Friendship talks, have started to write Crossmod stuff with Sillara for Fade and Tsujatha and have a couple of ToB talks finished.

Things still to do:

Finish ToB talks This includes Master Wraith.
Write ToB Epilogues
Write Fades final quest (area editors very welcome!!)
Tighten up romance conflicts
Finish friendship and advice talks
Write area specific conversations for Planar Prison and Sphere (but that won't take too long)
Expand Sidges dialogues (Fades Shadow Thief 'boyfriend')
Record Soundset (The hardware is in the post as we speak!)

Any ideas / requests for content etc will be on a different thread

DONE AS OF 26/6/05

a) All of the Master Wraith and subsequent LTs written up and sent off for coding.
b) Epilogues planned - just need writing up.
c) Mini 'optional path' written up and coded.
d) 2nd, larger 'optional path' - 5 out of 7 LTs written for it and sent for coding.
e) All main ToB LTs planned and started - 5 written, finished and sent off for coding. (this includes the LTs associated with the Master Wraith)
f) Revan has kindly agreed to make a new area to house the Pashas Palace, so that quest will probably be one of the last things I write up.

I have 4 half finished LTs (inculuding the aftermath of the destruction of Saradush... sheesh, that one is giving me gyp!) that I hope to get finished this week.

I am also concentrating exclusively on ToB now - additional SoA material (apart form the new stuff that has already been written and coded into V1) will probably be for V2 (i.e friendship path and female romance - since this option is being explored again, I don't want to rush it - yes, some fo the LTs for the male romance could be tweaked and reused, but I am actually writing a whole brand new bunch just for female PCs and that takes time!!)

Last edited by Mistress Elysia on Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Mistress Elysia
Level 4
Level 4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MINI UPDATE

Finally decided on the ToB 'paths'. It is quite complicated (there are going to be a few ways this romance can go!) and there will be quite a few situation - specific LTs (i.e. certain LTs will only fire if you choose certain responses / paths ... hopefully it'll increase the ToB playability a bit Wink May possibly have to be PC initiated simply because there isn't a great deal of time in ToB...) depending on the choices the player makes. Its not going to be easy, so I'm going to write each path seperately and then join them all back up at the end. At least I now how its all going to progress now... sarcastic eye roll

This planning was holding me back somewhat (it was all a rather daunting tangled web) but now I have a clear cut plan to work from (each LT outlined for content and reaction), so its just a case of putting the meat on the bones now.

Fade and Tsujatha will also now have things to say to each other via the Crossmod Banter Pack (Sillara sent it off the other day for inclusion in the next version). With Sillaras permission, I am also adding in some responses to the PC / Tsujatha romance via the female friendship route. At the moment I've written her reactions to Anomens advances (SoA) and one for Tsujatha (there will be at least a couple more). We just need to decide which LTs Fades reactions will be attached to Wink At the moment I'm concentrating on the female friendship (there will be a non-romancing male one, and she will comment on those romances too, but since there's very little for female PCs in this mod at the moment, I thought it a good idea to get them done first!)

Saerileth and Yasraena banters are in the pipeline too.

I do however need help - if theres anyone out there who can create the Pashas Palace for me (area editing) so the PC can whoop some Pasha arse, I'd be grateful! The area will need to be added to the map and be 'travellable' to. Wink Thanks!
Mistress Elysia
Level 4
Level 4

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MINI UPDATE

3 ToB LTs sent to Silmarien for proofreading / coding up if necessary.

Content for SoA female friendship (Anomen romance advice / opinion talk) also sent for coding.

Very Happy
Mistress Elysia
Level 4
Level 4

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MINI UPDATE

I got an email form Silmarien this morning - she's had problems for the last couple of weeks with her internet connection and so hasn't had any access!! However, she has asked me to let you all know she has coded up all the interjections I have sent her, and is not beginning to work on the ToB stuff I sent her last weekend, so its all good news (She also passed her exams, so WELL DONE!!!!! big grin )

And you may have all guessed by the sheepish / silly posts recently that I've started the voicing too. It's.... hard. In fact, I never thought it would be *quite* this hard! So if anyone has any tips on how they did their voicing, I'd be very grateful indeed...

So I have a long weekend (Monday is a Bank Holiday - yay!) of writing and recording. We're getting there slowly!

Elysia
xx
Mistress Elysia
Level 4
Level 4

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MINI UPDATE

Another ToB LT written, plus a mini questlet / option. That involes a LT too. If you choose to do it. Ummm......

It'll make sense come release time!

(kind of.... big grin )

Sort of hitting the old writers block quite hard. Have lots of half - finished LTs dotted around... having problems finding relevant people on IE too. *sigh*
Arconian
Level 1
Level 1

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Shoots writers block dead* See you in h**l Writers Block, big grin
Mistress Elysia
Level 4
Level 4

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish it was that easy... lots of ideas, but all of them for the optional things! Actually considering making the optional things non-optional for simple ease... (I'd have a lot more LTs done if that was the case, believe me!!) sarcastic eye roll
Silmarien
Fade Modder
Fade Modder

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slight progress...

Coded up the first ToB LT, and tested it out because it's the first ToB thing I've done, and it works. You'd think I'd have got used to it by now, but it still seems amazing every time I put something into the game and it actually works... big grin

And I've been fixing that Fade-Viconia catfight no one seems able to see. Thanks to Lord Ernie for pointing out (in the bugs thread) that it might be a weighting issue. Changed it so it goes into Viconia's joined-dialogue file instead of her banter file and fixed her script accordingly. Now hopefully everyone will be able to see it. It's a shame otherwise, such a great piece of writing!
Mistress Elysia
Level 4
Level 4

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big grin

Going to make your life harder, Sil... sorry! Good to know the first ToB LT works, though. I know I said I'd email you this weekend, but I'm now having a change of heart about something... errr, I'll PM you, okay?!?

Gift giving questlet nearly finished! Sheesh, you would think these things would be easy - buy gift, give it to girlfriend, easy life... not with Charname, it isn't, though!!
caenjade
Level 1
Level 1

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Elysia wrote:
Sheesh, you would think these things would be easy - buy gift, give it to girlfriend, easy life... not with Charname, it isn't, though!!

You forget that people care more about Fade then their girlfriend/boyfriend. So they have a harder time picking a gift. big grin

I had some time on my hands - A dictionary is good for two things, and only two things, correcting spelling and making sarcastic comments.
Mistress Elysia
Level 4
Level 4

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MINI UPDATE

One optional path (including gift) written up and being sent to Sil for coding (if all is well!) Includes 1 new LT.

Other optional path now 1/2 done - includes 4 new LTs (so far - got another 4 to write).

Master Wraith part one written up.
nethrin
Tree Hugger
Tree Hugger

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*rubs hands together* oooohh, master wraith. always an integral part of TOB for any romanceable npc. can't wait to see it.
Fade Modder
Fade Modder

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Elysia wrote:
MINI UPDATE

One optional path (including gift) written up and being sent to Sil for coding (if all is well!) Includes 1 new LT.

Send it over, by all means! After that little 'gift' the PC gets to give Fade in late SoA (v1 only... it's not in the beta, although some of our testers may remember the idea from the PR back at the old forum), I'm curious to see what this other gift is going to be like.
Mistress Elysia
Level 4
Level 4

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silmarien wrote:
Mistress Elysia wrote:
MINI UPDATE

Send it over, by all means! After that little 'gift' the PC gets to give Fade in late SoA (v1 only... it's not in the beta, although some of our testers may remember the idea from the PR back at the old forum), I'm curious to see what this other gift is going to be like.

Hahaaaa!! Its nuthin' that bad, m'dear! (And I need to finish that off, don't I?) This is much, much sweeter and encompasses no smut whatsoever... Wink
MyFinalHeaven
Level 1
Level 1

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No smut? Fine, I guess you can't get what you want all the time....
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Chosen of Mystra Forum Index -> Fade Romance Mod All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

Jump to: