!-- Start add - Birthday MOD -->
Chosen Chosen of Mystra
"Magically Enhancing the IE Games"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  StatisticsStatistics AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goodbye 2 Saerileth

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Chosen of Mystra Forum Index -> Saerileth Romance Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Feanor
Level 3
Level 3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: Goodbye 2 Saerileth Reply with quote

After some thoughts, I decided to leave this forum as well. It was fun to play Saerileth, since I simply adored this character. But, as of late, some recent events occurred which make my stay very difficult, since I lost all the respect I had for some people here. The reasons for my decisions can be found in this 2 threads :

http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2692

http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2706

When I dissaprove of something and I see no signs of regrets, I cannot remain in such company.

Oh, and before this thread gets locked, I want to add something : Intelligent persons are not afraid of criticism. Only incompetents are.

I like Real only when it plays in Segunda Division !

It is said that Mount Celestia is a place of perfection. None else than Saerileth could have been the symbol of its splendor.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zyraen
Level 2
Level 2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what's harder than having lost respect for most people around here, is to have lost respect for someone who was once well-respected. That is, all by itself, quite a pity.

Regarding many of these matters, be it in any of these forums or elsewhere in other forums...

I believe Forum-Posters, be they those giving Reviews or asking questions, or even Criticising, are by and large not Demanding a Fix. To concede or accept a Criticism by no means "forces" the Author to amend it. It could, for a variety of (other reasons), remain as it is. As for those Demanding a Fix, I suppose they would most probably be pacified by the Author's reasons on the technical difficulties, unless it was a serious problem (like locking up tonnes of quintessential gameplay parts)

As for Mod Creators, I guess one of the notes is that they do have a reason for creating a Mod. Be it for silliness (see Goo, or the more obscure Game-Be-Gone) or novelty (see Kindrek) or romantic fantasy (see "any number of NPC Romance Mods") or to glorify lesbian or gay relations (see "some NPC Romance Mods") or to have a slight moralistic point via a 15-yr-old girl, the Authors did have a picture in mind. In giving feedback, I suppose posters would do well to recognise that all Authors have a Vision for a Mod, and while most aspects are probably flexible, there is a certain Bottom-line that they feel, by changing, would affect what they had in mind drastically, and possibly ruin the whole purpose of writing the Mod in the first place.

This Bottom-line may or may not be socially acceptable (gay or lesbian), largely acceptable (mid-teen romance), logically defensible (authors have preferences too...), and repeatedly pointed out. End of the day, it also has to do with what the Authors intended to do with their Creation that they put Hours into so that Others can (choose to) play it (for free).

For example, almost every other person who has played BTL (well not that many people) has suggested or insinuated to me the idea of making my NPCs romanceable by the PC. Much as the idea makes sense and appeals to me, and will probably add to the wider acceptance of the Mod, it was just not what I intended to with the Mod. In any case, there's also the issue of who will do the rather intensive writing for such segments. So, due to Preference Clash and Technical Issues, it very probably will not happen.

By and large, hopefully, the Modding Community might be happier if Players and Authors alike recognised these... Authors don't have to be afraid to admit criticisms if they know they don't have to change it, and Players don't have to get too uppity or take it personally when their criticisms not being accepted.

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps and redistribution, and more.
Feanor
Level 3
Level 3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zyraen wrote:
I think what's harder than having lost respect for most people around here, is to have lost respect for someone who was once well-respected. That is, all by itself, quite a pity.

Zyraen, I said for "some", not for most. I need to clarify that in case you refered to my post when you used the word "most".
You understand what I mean by "some". That's all I have to say.

I like Real only when it plays in Segunda Division !

It is said that Mount Celestia is a place of perfection. None else than Saerileth could have been the symbol of its splendor.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BBDog
Level 1
Level 1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, they locked the goodbye thread AND changed the title.
BBDog
Level 1
Level 1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops, i keep blabbing on. i guess this one will be locked soon.
nethrin
Tree Hugger
Tree Hugger

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the ADMIN locked the last thread about this nonsense.

it'd be wise not to buck the admin's authority.
Level 1
Level 1

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before this gets locked as well, would someone be kind enough to post/PM me a link to nethrin's reasoning behind Saerelith's age? All I have found so far is his constant referencing Romeo and Juliet. It's also possible I'm not searching in the right threads. Confused

For the faithful romantic, no explanation is necessary. For the unbeliever, no explanation is possible.

I use a flamethrower on my stains.
nethrin
Tree Hugger
Tree Hugger

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 15-year-old idea actually was sillara's. ask her.

she's not a total cock like I am.
Level 1
Level 1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feanor, it is always sad to see someone leave the forums. You were a good person, even if I didn't always agree with you. I regret what has been happening here lately, but it is your decision, and I will respect it. Goodbye, and good luck.
nethrin
Tree Hugger
Tree Hugger

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OT. not related to saerileth.
Level 4
Level 4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason a thread was restarted after I closed the first one. If you are dissatisfied take it to the PM system with the authors of the mod.

Now if we can not do that and continue on this course of action, than I will have to take up to the next level which I prefer not to do.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Chosen of Mystra Forum Index -> Saerileth Romance Mod All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: